The deadline is approaching for Wisconsin commercial-residential buildings with fuel-burning appliances to install carbon monoxide alarms. This includes dorms, jails, apartment buildings and motels with fuel-burning appliances like hot water heaters, dryers and furnaces. The Stevens Point fire department plans to enforce the law, but will give owners time to install the devices.
Carbon monoxide can cause sudden illness and death, and the alarms will help detect the colorless, odorless gas. Common symptoms of this poisoning include nausea, vomiting, weakness, confusion, chest pain, headache and dizziness. Negligence to install the alarms could cause serious injury to residents if a fuel-burning appliance leaks.
If you or someone you know has been injured due to someone's negligence, contact the Stevens Point personal injury attorneys of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ®, by calling 800-242-2874.