Habush Habush & Rottier S.C.® > Articles > Nursing Home Neglect

Nursing Home Neglect

When your elders require a level of care that cannot be provided without 24 hour assistance, it may be time to contact nursing homes in your area. When determining which home is the best fit, you will likely want to carefully investigate your options. Unfortunately, some nursing homes have negligent staff members who may mistreat your loved one.

If you or someone you love has been the victim of nursing home negligence, you may be eligible to receive compensation for your losses. Contact the Stevens Point nursing home abuse lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® to determine your legal options. Call 1-800-242-2874 today for a free case evaluation.

Researching Nursing Homes

There are several avenues for investigating nursing homes. By searching the Internet, you can locate homes nearest you and take a look at their web sites. Be sure they can accommodate the services your elder requires. Additionally, it may be wise to search for reviews of the home. If poorly rated, consider other homes.

After you have found a prospective home via the Internet, go visit the facility. There is no substitute for being there and meeting the staff face-to-face. If possible, take your elder with you so they can get a feel for the place, too.

Signs of Nursing Home Neglect

Once you have placed your elder in the care of a nursing home, it is important that you visit regularly. This will increase your chances of recognizing nursing home neglect or abuse. When visiting, look out for the following signs of neglect:

  • Cuts or bruises
  • Bedsores
  • Extreme weight loss
  • Depression

If you suspect nursing home neglect, talk with your loved one about his or her experiences.

Contact Us

If a nursing home has abused or neglected your loved one, it is important that you seek the help of an experienced attorney. Do not let this heinous act go unpunished. Contact the Stevens Point personal injury lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® by calling 1-800-242-2874 today.