Stevens Point Mercury Poisoning Attorneys

Mercury is a natural element which has been and continues to be used in a variety of products. Though mercury is poisonous and has had restrictions placed on its use by the Environmental Protection Agency, it is still widely distributed and may be found in fluorescent light bulbs and computers, among many other everyday objects. Though somewhat rare, mercury poisoning does still occur from exposure to it in certain buildings, particularly labs, dentist clinics, and hospitals.

If you or a loved one’s health has been damaged due to exposure to mercury on another party’s property, you could be entitled to pursue financial compensation for related medical expenses. To speak with an experienced attorney about your legal rights and options, contact the Stevens Point mercury poisoning lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. at 800-242-2874.

Symptoms of Mercury Poisoning

Mercury poisoning has typically affects the nervous system and cognitive functioning, and when these effects are sufficiently severe they can prove to be life-altering. The following are some of the common symptoms that may indicate mercury poisoning:

  • Impairment of the peripheral vision
  • Uncharacteristic mood swings
  • Twitches in the muscles
  • Changes in nerve responses
  • Tingling or “pins and needles” sensations
  • Impaired motor skills
  • Muscle weakness or atrophy
  • Nervousness
  • Insomnia

Because of the effect that mercury has on the development of a child in the womb, pregnant women may face additional complications due to mercury poisoning, which can change nerve functioning and cause severe disabilities once the child is born.

Contact Us

If someone is exposed to mercury it can be a serious threat to their health. Property owners and managers have a responsibility to make sure that the premises is free of sources of mercury exposure and should be held accountable for their failure to do so. Contact the Stevens Point mercury poisoning attorneys of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. by calling 800-242-2874 today if you have been sickened through exposure to mercury that would have been prevented by a more diligent property owner.