Habush Habush & Rottier S.C.® > Articles > Toxic Mold In The Home

Toxic Mold in the Home

Molds have a crucial role in nature, their function is to help decompose organic matter, such as fallen leaves or fruit. While most molds are nontoxic, when they grow in your home, it may be a health hazard. Mold spores require moisture to grow. Consequently, if your home has a leaky faucet or plumbing problem, you may create an ideal environment for mold growth.

If your home has toxic mold growth, you may experience adverse health effects. If you are suffering from a mold-related illness because of a negligent landlord or property owner, you may have grounds for filing a legal claim. Contact the Stevens Point toxic mold attorneys of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® to learn more about your rights and entitlements. Call 800-242-2874 today to schedule a free initial consultation.

Molds to Look Out For

One study estimates that approximately 25 million Americans suffer from mold-related allergies, but are not aware the cause for their discomfort. In addition to a wide range of mild reactions, toxic molds can cause bronchial and respiratory problems depending on the extent of exposure.

The two most dangerous strains of mold are Chaetomium and Stachybotrys Chartarum. These molds have been proven to produce demylenating mycotoxins, which means that they can lead to an autoimmune disease. In the worst case scenario, these molds can cause irreversible neurological and immunological damage.

Contact Us

If you have been the victim of a negligent home owner or landlord, contact the Stevens Point premises liability lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® To discuss your legal options with a professional, call us at 800-242-2874 today.