Common Causes of Truck Accidents
Driving a truck is a dangerous profession, one that carries many risks. Because truck drivers drive for a living, they are at a much higher risk for getting into an accident than other drivers. Because driving a large vehicle is inherently more dangerous, truck drivers as well as other drivers on the road need to be aware of several risks that may help prevent accidents as well as help save your life.
Remember when driving near a truck:
- Trucks have many blind spots. Remember to keep a safe distance on all sides to as avoid a collision with a truck.
- Trucks have a longer stopping distance. Do not make fast lane changes in front of a truck as they may not be able to stop in time from colliding into you.
- Let trucks pass you at a safe speed. Do not speed up or change speeds as a truck passes you.
- Trucks have strong cross winds and turbulence, especially in windy conditions. It can be hard to maneuver a truck in high winds, so make sure to keep a safe distance in such conditions.
- Driving between two trucks can be very dangerous.
- Make sure to completely pull your vehicle off the road if you need to use the emergency lane, because trucks take up most of the lane and could hit a parked car on the side of the road.
Speak with a Stevens Point Personal Injury Lawyer
If you or someone you know has been injured in a truck driving accident, contact the Stevens Point personal injury lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® at 800-248-0171.